And get exclusive access to editing sessions! See how the world's best photographers use Lightroom and Photoshop to create masterpieces that have won international awards such as ILPOTY and IPA.
If you want to skip to the actual photography discussion, go to part 3. In parts 1 and 2, we talk about life as a photographer:
- Balancing family and photography
- Planning trips
- Scouting places
- Staying safe when out in the wilderness
- Even what food to pack when going on trips
Everybody has a camera these days. The space is getting crowded. So where is this art form headed? And what does this mean to you as a photographer?
- How to balance what you want as an artist with what others expect from you?
- How photographers can keep their carbon footprints low
- What images do well on Instagram?
- How to build the right audience on Instagram?
Tanmay explains exactly how he made the wildflower image above: planning, composing, execution, and post-processing.
- How to convey depth?
- Tanmay's focus stacking technique.
- Color grading using nature's colors.
- Achieving a cohesive look to your portfolio.
- What's in Tanmay's bag?
- His travel gear.
Tanmay is a self taught fine art landscape photographer based in the San Francisco. He works as a hardware designer for Apple, and spends most of his free time exploring the landscape of western US and beyond. He was born and raised near Mumbai (India), and has lived in the US for a good part of the last decade.
His first foray into photography was through traveling with his parents to remote corners of India. He started out in street and fine art conceptual photography at the age of 22, and this interest naturally culminated into landscape photography because of his love for the wilderness.
Tanmay's work has been published and awarded internationally, and he wishes to use this platform to bring attention to issues related to environment and climate change.
Here is an in-depth interview with American photography that talks more about his background and philosophy.